The Sumner County Emergency Communication Center is currently accepting applications for an Office Manager.
Email resumes and application to email@example.com, on or before the deadline of September 21st, 2020 at 4:00 PM (local time). Walk-ins or telephone calls about the position will not be accepted. Email any questions to the address above.
The Office Manager performs operations and clerical duties to help facilitate the efficient productivity of the assigned office. The Office Manager performs the most difficult, specialized, and highly responsible administrative work in reviewing, process, and maintaining financial and personnel records. The manager is responsible for the continuous operations of all things administrative in the ECC.
The most important and essential job function of the position is an attitude which includes the following: interacting positively and cooperating with co-workers, responding politely to customers, working as a team member, functioning under intense time pressure, and responding in a positive manner to supervision.
The Officer Manager may perform other related duties and tasks, as required, and shall have the physical, mental, and emotional abilities to perform the essential job duties of the position.
|· Maintain office files (2)
· Attend meetings and maintain meeting minutes (2)
· Communicate via telephone (2)
· Order office supplies and uniforms (2)
· Maintain appointment calendar (2)
· Answer calls from Client Agencies answering their inquiries (2)
· Assist in the development of operational procedures and ensure adherence to policy (2)
· Coordination of new hires (1)
· Provide training and testing to new users (2)
· Preparing and maintaining an operational budget (2)
|· Coordinate service of subpoenas (2)
· Compose and type correspondence (2)
· Maintain computerized archives (2)
· Receive and distribute mail (2)
· Prepare and approve accounts payable (2)
· Maintain personnel records for current and separated employees (2)
· Ensure new policy and procedures are distributed (2)
· Ensure accuracy of files (2)
· Ensure certifications renewals as required (2)
· Preparing payroll (2)
· Working with Human Resources and Management on benefits, FMLA, and other topics (2)
Experience, Education, Professional Certifications, or License
|· Associates degree from an accredited college or university with a degree in public safety administration, business administration, public administration, emergency management, criminal justice, or related field; plus, three (3) years of supervisory experience, two (2)+ years of hands-on administrative support experience.
· Related work experience may be substituted for the required college degree. Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in an administrative support role or in a Public Safety Dispatch Center.
· Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook a must.
· Knowledge of operating standard office equipment.
· Valid Tennessee driver’s license.
· *TCIC/NCIC certification within six (6) of employment.
· Demonstrated proficiency of keyboarding 40 wpm.
· Complete FEMA Incident Command System courses (ICS 100, 200, 700, and 800) within six (6) months of employment.
· These requirements may be waived at the discretion of the Executive Director or designee to establish the program(s) and allow for members to develop the knowledge base and work experience desired.
Status: [ X ] Civilian [ ] Certified [ ] Exempt
|· Works in an office environment with occasionally stressful conditions
· Work nights, weekends, and holidays as required
· All telephone calls and radio conversations are recorded
Required Skills and Knowledge
• Filing Systems (2)
• SCECC policy and procedures (2)
• Office supplies (2)
• SCECC policy and procedures (2)
• Various software (2)
• Appropriate forms (2)
• Office supplies and uniforms (2)
• Follows up on work orders to ensure accurate and timely action (1)
• Maintain confidentiality (2)
• Read and write English (2)
• Communicate technical data (2)
• Operate office equipment (2)
• Distribute publications (1)
• Establish working relationships with other agencies/public (2)
• Secretarial (2)
• Keyboarding (2)
• Computer (2)
• Composition (2)
• Telephone (2)
• Organizational (2)
• Research skills and attention to detail (2)
• Budgeting (1)
• Interpersonal (2)
• Public speaking (1)
• Basic mathematical (2)
• Basic English grammar (2)
• Transcription (2)
• Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem-solving skills (2)
• Keep accurate records (1)
• Basic mathematical (1)
• Lift/carry 20 lbs.
• Sit for long periods
• Stand for long periods
• See at a normal range or with accommodation
• Hear at a normal level or with accommodation
• Speak English understandably
• Manual dexterity
• Ambulate independently
• Look at a computer monitor for extended periods
• Type on a computer keyboard for extended periods
This classification receives supervision from and reports to the Deputy Director, who directs and supervises all activities and is consulted on unusual or difficult situations.
This is a non-supervisory classification.
Frequency of Task Performance
Ability to perform tasks daily as required or on an as-needed basis.
Critical of Task Performance
0 = Not relevant to successful job performance; 1= Important to successful job performance; 2= Critical to overall successful performance.